Monday, January 11, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Hey hey hey! Another week of the mission has come and gone! The weeks move so fast here its crazy. 

So N was baptized on Saturday!! Her mom, who is not a member and wasn't planning on coming to the baptism, actually came!

So background about N's mom: she is terrifying. Once we were teaching a lesson at N's home and her mom barges in and starts yelling at us and asking what we were doing there. We quickly explained that we were teaching N about the church and apparently she had no idea that we had been teaching N. We had asked permission from the father to teach her but I guess he didn't communicate well with his wife, and she was not very happy with us. Eventually she cooled off and she let us continue teaching Nat but we were only allowed to do it on weekends and not in their home. So we doubted that she would ever give N permission to get baptized but after we fasted with N a few weeks ago, a miracle happened and she gave the okay!

At first she told N that she didn't want to come to the baptism but I guess she changed her mind and she showed up! She even told us afterwards that she enjoyed it! She refused to sign the baptism record though and we had to get the bishop to talk to her and reassure her that she wasn't signing her life away to the church or anything like that. 

K and C
are still doing pretty well but they told us a few nights ago that they want to wait until the summer to get married which means they can't get baptized for a while. We are trying to convince them to speed it up but we've had no luck so far. 

So.... I had a break-down moment this week. I have been so great the past couple months. I have been so happy and haven't really felt discouraged or homesick or anything. And then this week I guess it just caught up with me. We had been out trying to find people to teach for probably 3 hours with no luck. I was cold, tired and just wanted to go home. My mind began wandering and wishing I could just be back home, curled up in bed with Netflix and something good to eat. I just wanted to be a normal person for a day! 

Then I remembered why I am on a mission. I am here because it is the least I can do for my Savior who sacrificed everything for me. The famous scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 122 came to my mind. "Know thou, [my daughter] that all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on" (D&C 122:7-9). 

Christ suffered much worse than I ever will and it is vain for me to think that my struggles are anything compared to what he went through. I committed right then to stop being selfish and to re-devote myself to this work. 

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment