Thursday, September 29, 2016

Temple!

This has been a crazy, busy, awesome, spiritual week! 

We've been at the temple since Thursday. We spend half of our day introducing the temple video and showing it and the other half in the reception tent talking to people, answering questions, and helping people take pictures. It's been good but also exhausting, especially for an introvert like me! Its been good though! 

We had a really neat experience the other night. One of the ushers came up to us and told us that he had some friends coming on a special tour and he asked if we could help. He told us that his friends were a less active couple but trying to come back to church. We got to take them on a tour of the temple and it was such a spiritual experience! We got to bear our testimonies of the temple really being the house of the Lord. It was awesome! 

There have been a ton of non-members coming through on the tours so that has been awesome! I haven't gotten to talk to very many of them but the other sisters are having awesome experiences sharing the gospel. I continue to pray everyday for opportunities to be an instrument in the Lord's hand. 

It's also just been awesome to get to know the other sisters in the mission better. We are staying just down the street from Sister Tenney and Sister Jones so we get to see a lot of them. We had the day off on Sunday since the open house wasn't open and we got to hang out and play games with those sisters! I also took a Sunday nap! Which was weird! I haven't done that in 14 months!

I am missing our investigators a lot and I miss teaching and feeling like a regular missionary. But, I know that what we are doing here is so important though and that I am here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment