Monday, November 14, 2016

Do Good and Go!

Hello fam and friends! 

We had a really good week this week! We had some good lessons and our investigators are progressing! 

Rorie and her sister Brylee are so excited for their baptism! They have been reading the scriptures with their mom and are coming to church! Their family has never been active in church and they are now really really changing their lives. 

Elaine is praying about a baptismal date this week so please keep her in your prayers! 

We had Stake Conference yesterday and it was so awesome. Kim B. Clark of the Seventy spoke and I seriously love that man. It was the second time I heard him speak (the first was at a YSA fireside in Pocatello) and it was awesome! The theme of his talk was "be good and go". He said those are the two ways we can remain close to Heavenly Father. First by being good (a.k.a. keeping the commandments and our covenants, being obedient, doing the right thing) and secondly by going (a.k.a. acting on God's will, going to the temple or church, fulfilling callings, etc). It was so awesome for me to just break down everything we are asked to do as Latter Day Saints into these two categories. Just be good and go! Its that simple! 

He also talked about being on the front lines in the battle for righteousness. He told us that is where Christ is working so if we want to help Christ we will be out on the frontier with Him instead of falling into complacency. This was exactly the wake up call I needed! Lately it seems like I've been just living the missionary life and doing everything I'm supposed to do (getting up on time, studying, going out to talk to people, teaching lessons, blah blah blah) but I am lacking that sense of urgency in God's work. So this week that is my goal: be on the front lines. 

I am so grateful for the inspired (and inspiring) leaders we have in this church. The Lord really can work through other people to answer our prayers and give us messages he wants us to know. I know that this is His work and I am honored to be a part of it. 

I love you all and thank you again for your prayers and support and love!

Until next time,

Sister Park





No comments:

Post a Comment