Monday, August 31, 2015

I Wrecked A Car......

Okay I didn't totally destroy the mission car. BUT I did leave a huge dent in the side of it. Sister Latu and I really wanted some ice cream and they have this really yummy ice cream at Reed's Dairy with a convenient drive through and everything! Unfortunately, there was this pole on the side of the drive through and I got a little too close.. As I was turning, I slammed the side of the car into the pole and now we have a lovely dent in the side of the car. I'm not quite sure what is going to happen. I might get my driving privileges revoked, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 
In other news.. Things are looking up as far as missionary work goes. We are actually teaching quite a few people and we have some baptism dates set for the coming months. We have two baptisms set for the end of this month. One of them is Taysen. He's twelve and super shy. His parents are members of the church but don't usually come. The other date is for Laci. She is nine and is super sweet. Her parents are also less-active members. 

We are also teaching a couple: Andrea and Ryan. Ryan is a less active member and Andrea is a non-member. They just had a baby 3 weeks ago. Now that they have a baby they are starting to think about how they want to raise her and if they want religion to be a part of her life. They are so awesome and I hope we can keep teaching them. 

We also got a referral from the bishop in one of our wards for a kid named Michael. Hes a 17 year old kid that has been coming to church with his friend. He seems really interested and acts like hes already a member. We just have to get him in the font and then it will be official! 

We had two baptisms this week! One was for a boy named Crew. He's eight years old and we've been teaching him the lessons because his mom is less active and she doesn't know a lot about the church. She really wanted Crew to be baptized though so we made that happen! We also had a baptism for Nolan. Nolan was taught by missionaries in North Carolina but he's originally from Idaho Falls so he came back here to be baptized. Hes so great! I hope at some point I'll be able to teach someone as prepared as he is. 

Also congrats Lexi and Parker!! I got to see a couple pictures and they were beautiful! I'm glad Tay and Janess made it home too! 

Oh by the way I've been out on my mission for a whole month!! Whoo! 17 more to go!

Until next time,
Sister Park




No comments:

Post a Comment