Monday, May 16, 2016

Happiness

Hola familia! 

I hope y'all had a fantastic week! We sure did here in Poky! 
Liam was baptized on Saturday and the service was awesome! He had his girlfriend Kitanna speak and he even bore his testimony at the end which was awesome cause he's a pretty quiet kid! 

We are still teaching Kelvin and Payne and we've met with them like everyday this week! They have so many questions and they literally want to meet everyday for like 5 hours! This is the first time on my mission I've had to tell people we want to meet with them less! Their biggest questions right now are about what happens after death and how baptisms for the dead work. They are awesome though and they are some of my favorite people to teach! They just really want the truth and they are so sincere! 

Something that has really struck me this week is a common thread between all of the converts I've had in this area. What is that you might ask? Simple: they are happier now than before they had the gospel. 

Nathan has talked again and again about how much the gospel has blessed his life. He LOVES the temple and has found so much peace there. 

Reagan is back home for the summer and is going to her ward there and she loves it. Something interesting that Reagan told us was that the minute she received the gift of the Holy Ghost after being confirmed, she felt different. She says that feeling has not left her since. She has felt happiness, peace and purpose. 

Chris came to a lesson with us this week and in the lesson he bore his testimony about the difference the gospel has made in his life. He met with the missionaries for a while and felt good but then decided to stop meeting with them. He felt an immediate difference in his mood. He was unhappy and not able to face his trials very well. So he began reading the scriptures and meeting with missionaries again and just like that, he felt a happiness and peace that had been missing from his life. 

Liam bore a powerful testimony at his baptism as well. None of his family members are very supportive of his decision to get baptized and they all tried to feed him a bunch of anti-Mormon information during his entire teaching process. Liam talked about how difficult it was to face these accusations and maintain a testimony. He said that what he always went back to was how he felt while at church or while reading the scriptures or while meeting with us. He said he cannot deny the happiness that has come into his life.

The restored gospel of Jesus Christ makes us happy. It gives us the lasting peace and assurance that cannot come any other way. As I have struggled with questions and doubts, with trials of faith and fear of the unknown, the happiness I have felt being a member of the church is undeniable. Therefore, this church must be of God. Like the Book of Mormon prophet Moroni says, "I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good... is of God". As I have lived my religion to the fullest by serving God and "doing good", I have been happy and I've been able to spread that happiness around. 

I love the gospel so much and I'm grateful for the power it has to change lives. 

I love all of you!

Until next time,

Sister Park

Pictures:
#1, Liam, me, Sis Gilbert, Alex (Ward Mission Leader) 
#2 Kitanna's dad, Liam, Kitanna (Liam's girlfriend), me, and Sister Gilbert
#3 Zone selfie! 



No comments:

Post a Comment