Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Good Samaritan

Happy Memorial Day! I hope you all enjoy your time off work or school! 

This week was great! 

We are still teaching Kelvin and Payne. Their progress has slowed a little and neither of them came to church yesterday. We started teaching their other roommate, Ken and he is really cool. They all just want to know the truth so badly! The difficult thing with them (and with most Africans apparently) is that they struggle to commit to things, like coming to church or showing up for appointments. We literally have to call them like 5 times on the day of our lessons to remind them about it.

We also started teaching another new investigator this week named Anit. He's from Nepal and was raised in the Hindu faith. He is very curious about Mormons though! He went to Temple Square in Salt Lake a few months ago and really liked it. He is excited to learn more about what we believe but we aren't sure how interested he is in actually accepting the gospel or praying to know that its true. But hopefully that curiosity will grow into a desire to believe! 

We also had mission leadership council again this week. President spent most of his time talking about how we should be a blessing in the wards where we serve, not a burden. He said we should spend less time worrying about what other people (our bishops, ward mission leaders, other missionaries) are or aren't doing and just go to work ourselves! He showed the Bible video about the good Samaritan that I had never seen before (I'll put the link at the bottom of this email) and I loved it! 

The story of the good Samaritan has been on my mind a lot this week. Instead of wondering why those people in higher authority (the priest and the Levite) didn't do anything, the Samaritan dropped what he was doing and served the Jew who needed help. As I watched the Samaritan's love and concern for his fellow man, my eyes filled with tears. THAT is what this life is all about. Putting other people before ourselves. Being humble. Loving, serving, and blessing others. 

This week I want to invite each of you to do something for someone else. Forget about your own problems and your own to do list and go serve! I promise that you will feel happier and you will be able to get to all the things you have to do. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to give all of my time and attention to serving others and serving God. This is the Lord's work. I know that. 

I love you all so much.

Until next time,

Sister Park







No comments:

Post a Comment