Sunday, June 19, 2016

Transfers, conferences, and Yellowstone!!‏

Hello! 
Sorry for not being able to email last week! We are allowed to take a trip to Yellowstone one time on our missions and Sister Gilbert and I decided to go last Monday so we didn't have time to write.

Yellowstone was... fuuuun... sorta. Haha I didn't realize how much driving it would be! I probably could have driven home to Arizona in the the time we spent in car on Monday. It was 3.5 hours there and then we had to drive to the sights which took like 45 minutes to get to each one. We only had time to see two things: Mammoth Hot Springs and Old Faithful which were both cool but probably not worth the time we spent in our car.. We went up with Lindsey, Nathan and Rian though and we all got to know each other REAL well after spending 12 hours in a very confined area! 

In other news, Sister Gilbert got transferred to Arimo, ID and my new companion is Sister Dominguez! I love her so much already! She is from North Carolina but her parents are both from El Salvador. She has been on her mission for 16 months and goes home in August so I hope to be her last companion! She's also a Spanish-called sister but she got switched to English work for the last couple months of her mission. She was baptized 7 years ago and has a very strong testimony of the gospel. She has already taught me so much and I'm excited to serve with her! 

Kelvin and Payne are doing okay. Payne's mom died this week so he flew home to Keyna and he'll be there for a couple weeks. Kelvin hasn't come to church again since his first time but he is still reading the Book of Mormon and has finished 1 Nephi! 

We are still teaching Rian and she is doing great! She has such a sincere desire to know the truth but she struggles to remember to read the scriptures and pray. She's awesome though and I feel such a connection with her. We have similar personalities and I think we will be great friends whether or not she decides to get baptized. 

We also had a mission conference with Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve on Saturday and it was so good! We did a big question and answer session with him and it was so great! I learned so much and received a lot of revelation for questions that I have had but probably the most important revelation was simply the confirmation that Elder Christofferson is truly an Apostle of the Lord. 

I love my mission so much! I grow and learn and become better everyday in a way that I couldn't do otherwise. 

I love you all! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

















No comments:

Post a Comment