Monday, February 6, 2017

Perks of a Mission!

Hello! 

This is my second to last email so its gotta be good right? 

We had a pretty good week. It was a little slow as far as teaching goes but we had some good experiences. Our teaching pool has gotten a lot smaller but we still have some solid people we are working with. Not a whole lot of investigators, but a ton of less active members!

We had a really cool experience this week with a lady we are teaching. We've been teaching her for a couple months now and she finally opened up to us about some of her concerns with coming to church. She has a lot of hard feelings towards members of the church for some pretty valid reasons. So we talked to her about forgiveness and showed her a video about a guy whose family was killed by a drunk driver and how he chose to forgive the driver. It was a very powerful lesson and we hope that she can find it in her heart to forgive those people and come to church! 

Its after those moments that I really really really do not want to come home. When else in my life will I be able to have intimate spiritual moments with people that I've only known for a couple months?? Or people that I have just met that day?! I love being a missionary and being able to help others break down barriers and strengthen their testimonies. I sure will miss it. 

Well I hope you all have a great week!! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

*Sister Jones! One of my faves :)
*Our little handout for the training we did about goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment