Monday, January 30, 2017

1.5 went way too fast!!!

Hola familia! 

Sis. Jarvis
How are y'all? 

I hit my 18-month mark on my mission yesterday which was really exciting! I can't believe how fast the last year and a half has gone! I still don't think its hit me that I'm going home in 2 weeks. I know its happening but it hasn't fully registered in my mind yet. 

We have some exciting changes in the mission that we just found out about. First of all our schedule will be quite different. We used to have set time to do pretty much everything we do but now we have a lot more agency in deciding when we do things. I'll attach a copy of our new schedule at the bottom. 

We had a pretty slow week as far as teaching goes. We had a pretty disappointing lesson with Bonnie last night. We had committed her to pray about being baptized on February 10th and were praying so hard that she would accept but when we got to her lesson she told us she still wasn't sure. I've been teaching Bonnie for the entire 7 months I've been in this area and I was really hoping she might be ready to be baptized before I left but that didn't happen. It was pretty discouraging for me and Sister Reupena. We both wondered if there was something that we did wrong or how we could have better helped her to be prepared for baptism. But as I was thinking about it, the words of President Uchtdorf came into my mind, "Faith is powerful, and often it does result in miracles. But no matter how much faith we have, there are two things faith cannot do. For one, it cannot violate another person’s agency. The second thing faith cannot do is force our will upon God." 

So as much as we love Bonnie and as much as we want her to decide to get baptized, we can't control that. That is a choice she must make. We can pray for her everyday and hope that she will make the right decision but ultimately its up to her. 

Elaine is still doing good. Ron and Debie are doing amazing!! Deb got her patriarchal blessing yesterday and said it was an amazing experience! They also moved their temple day up! They were going to wait until October but they realized they just couldn't wait so they are now going through February 14th! So sadly I wont be able to be there but I'm just happy that they are going! 

We also had MLC this week and it was really good! I thought I would be a lot more emotional since it was my last one but it wasn't too bad. 

Other than that not much is going on! I have high hopes for this week. Its gotta be great since its one of my last! 

I love you all so much!

Until next time,

Sister Park

*So I accidentally got us stuck in a snowbank this week! I got distracted by something on the other side of the road and drove us right into the snow. It had to happen once this winter right?
*Got to see my mission daughter at MLC (my trainee) 
*Our new schedule

Add caption

My daughtrer


Pres. McNabb

No comments:

Post a Comment