Monday, January 16, 2017

Running to the Finish!

Hey fam! 
Hope yall are doing well! We had a pretty good week! 

We had zone conference this week and it was so good! Sister Reupena and I gave a training about having the faith to find people to teach and it went pretty well! Then Sister Hancock gave a great training about Peter and the other apostles "leaving their nets behind" when the Savior came and asked them to follow Him. She challenged all of us to leave our "nets" behind, or in other words, give up the things that we might be holding on to that are keeping us from progressing. She actually gave the same training about a year ago at another conference but its crazy how sometimes you fall back into the same habits and need that reminder again. 

Then President Hancock gave a training about how repentance can help us put those nets behind. He encouraged us to take those things that are holding us back to the Lord and ask him for help overcoming them. He told us we all need to have personal time with the Savior to fully overcome our weaknesses. I know there are a lot of thing holding me back from reaching my full potential and I have one particular "net" that I am trying to work on right now. I hope to be able to master this one by the time my mission is over. 

Elaine is doing pretty good. She still hasn't talked to her husband though so we gave her a deadline. By the end of this week, she should talk to him and then hopefully we can start planning her baptism! We haven't seen Bonnie since last week so hopefully we can make some progress there too. 

I can't remember if I've talked much about Ron and Debie, but they are doing amazing! They hadn't been to church in like 30-40 years before we started teaching them and now they have not missed a Sunday at church since Christmas. They are both reading the scriptures and praying everyday and Debie just got a recommend to get her patriarchal blessing. They also paid tithing and fast offerings for the first time last week. They have a date set for the temple and they want me and Sister Reupena there; no matter what! We both promised that we'd be there, even if it means skipping school that day :) They have been some of my favorite people to teach on my mission and possibly the people that have made the most drastic changes in their lives. They are so converted! And it all started with us inviting them to read the Book of Mormon! That book is powerful! 

I am so grateful for the wonderful calling I have. I am making every day count and and I'm running to the finish line! Or at least I'm trying! Some days its hard to stay focused when everyone seems to ask me about going home. If any of you return missionaries have advice about staying motivated the last month I would love to hear your opinions! 

I love you all so much! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

*Elaine!
*Ron and Debie

No comments:

Post a Comment