Monday, October 26, 2015

All Is Well!

Hello everybody! Hows it going?

This week was a mixed bag. Some good days and some bad. 

Lets start with the bad news. Lelley, the girl who got a priesthood blessing last week, dropped us. She said shes going to stick to her own beliefs for now. I really thought that she felt the spirit last week and that she had a lot of potential. So it was really hard on me when she dropped us. But although she is rejecting the gospel right now, you never know what can happen down the road. 

Now time for the good news! Rusty, the father of the family I mentioned last week, came to church! Mason was in the primary program (where kids age 3-11 sing and speak in our church meeting) and so Rusty came to watch him! I hope he had a good experience. We are planning on going and following up with him tonight. 

We were super busy this last week which was awesome. A busy missionary is a happy missionary. We barely did any knocking on doors. We mainly had set lessons and we also did some service. 

Transfers are in 2 weeks and we will be getting transfer calls this week. I'm really praying that I don't have to leave my area. I feel like a lot has started happening here and I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be right now. 

We have a TON of potential investigators right now and members are giving us referral after referral. Sister Latu and I have been really trying to work better with members and to help them to trust us and it seems to be working! Missionary work really picks up when we have members of the church are there to help us. 

We are hopefully going to be setting a baptismal date with a girl named Brittany this week. Last week was our first time meeting with her but she is super prepared and we feel like she is ready to start working towards a specific baptism date. She is 13 and has been coming to church with her friends for months now. Her parents are both less active members of the church but the ward has really been working with them to get them back to church. If Brittany decides to get baptized, we are hoping her dad will be the one to baptize her. 

When I first got here I hated teaching kids. I felt like they didn't fully understand what we were teaching and we weren't really watching them dramatically change their lives or anything. But I have since learned that teaching kids leads to big changes in whole families. It can bring less active families back to church and can soften the hearts of parents. Kids are the way to parent's hearts!! 

Well I gotta get going but I love y'all! Until next time,

Sister Park
 Idaho falls in fall is so pretty!
 Thanks for the package.  We decorated with spiders.


We raked some leaves for a widow in one of our wards. We tried to do it anonymously but she came outside and caught us in the act. She was nice enough to take our picture and then we had to take a selfie with her too :)


Wow. No words can describe this sunset. 

The second picture features the Reed's Dairy sign which is where I dented our car but it also has the most delicious ice cream known to man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment