Monday, March 28, 2016

The Loneliest Walk

Happy Easter y'all!

We had a fantastic week here in Pokey (despite the stinky weather). I LOVE THIS AREA. SO MUCH. We are so busy!

So I started this thing about two weeks ago. It has been the biggest blessing and one of the best things I have ever done. I got this little notebook that I take with me everywhere that I call my Revelation/Prayers Answered/Spiritual Moments Notebook. So basically every time I recognize an answer to a prayer, a spiritual prompting, or receive revelation, I write it down. This notebook has honestly changed my life and has helped me combat doubts about God or even about myself. In the past, I have struggled to remember times when I have received an answer to a prayer or when I have felt the spirit. I doubt that these experiences really happened and I question myself. 

Soooo.. I decided to write these experiences down right when they happen and then I can't forget them or distort them over time. I would encourage all of you to do this! Get a little notebook that you can carry around in your pocket or in your purse and record all the experiences you have that confirm God's reality to you. I can promise that your faith will grow stronger. 

I wanted to quickly share one of the many experiences that I've had this week.

So we are teaching a girl named L. L is highly addicted to meth and she uses almost everyday. She can't function normally; even after a few hours after using, her body begins withdrawals and she is miserable. She is 5'4 and weighs around 80 pounds. She is depressed, suicidal and needs serious help. 

This week, L wanted us to come with her to her rehab assessment. This assessment was basically her counselor asking her a ton of questions about her addiction to see if she qualifies for rehab. It was so sad. As he asked L about the withdrawal symptoms, about her fears, about things she had done in the past, she opened up about how difficult her life has been and still is. I just wanted to cry the entire time. 

After the evaluation we were driving back to her house and  the song, "The Loneliest Walk" by David Osmond came on. If you haven't heard this song: GO LISTEN TO IT! It tells the story of some people going through some rough stuff and how they felt completely alone. Then it talks about  the real loneliest walk, which was the walk of the Savior as he underwent the Atonement and the Crucifixion. The song ends by saying that we all must keep pushing through because someone has walked the walk we have walked before. 

I couldn't hold back my tears as I listened. I had the distinct impression that the Savior knows L perfectly. He has felt what she has felt. He has walked a lonelier walk even than the one she is walking. And he loves her. 

I was filled with the spirit as I had this realization. The Savior knows exactly what we are going through. He loves us. 

I love you all! Hope you have a great week! 

Until next time, 
Sister Park

P.S. The picture is of us and L :)





No comments:

Post a Comment