Monday, April 4, 2016

The Proposal (not the movie)

 What a wonderful weekend! Conference was awesome, as always! I hope you all enjoyed it! 

Also thanks to everyone who sent birthday cards and packages! That was so fun to be able to open some presents on my birthday. I love yall so much!

So uhhh... funny story from this week. I got proposed to by one of our new investigators, M. M is from Saudi Arabia and we met him on the street one day and talked to him about the Book of Mormon. He said we could come and teach him a lesson so we went back on Friday night. We taught most of first lesson and he was sort of listening (I think). And then out of nowhere he asked me about how long I had left on my mission and if I was allowed to get married to someone who wasn't Mormon. Yeah.... so things were going downhill very quickly. I told him I had 10 months left and he said "In 10 months, you be my wife?" 
I was like "Uhhhh... I don't think so". He asked me to pray about it and he called me his wife for the rest of the lesson. So I was ready to get out of there. We asked him to say the closing prayer. Bad idea. He literally said, "Dear God, let me and Park get married in 10 months. Let us have kids together and have happy family. Amen." 

So needless to say, we got out of there as fast as we could! He did say that he would become Mormon if I married him though! Nothing wrong with a little "flirt to convert" right? :)

Haha I am TOTALLY kidding! But we might have the Elders teach M from now on. ;)

So other than that experience, this week was full of good lessons and spiritual experiences. We are teaching a girl named S who is literally one of my favorite people in the world. We will definitely be friends for long after my mission. 

S has been meeting with the sisters since January and is getting close to finishing the Book of Mormon. Apparently S was on fire before I got here. She was progressing towards baptism and she was so happy and feeling the spirit all the time and then a couple weeks ago she went home for the weekend to tell her parents she wanted to get baptized and.... she didn't tell them and her faith was really shaken. She has been struggling with her faith since her family is all pretty anti-Mormon. Buuuuut, this week was way better! She started reading the Book of Mormon again and she is back on track for baptism! She came to conference yesterday and she really loved it. Good things to come for S for sure. 

N is also doing really well! He loved conference and is super excited for him baptism this coming weekend. 

Conference was awesome! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! My testimony of living prophets and apostles was once again strengthened. These men are called of God! 

I am so grateful for the messages they shared and the spirit I felt. I love the gospel so much! 

I love all of you too! 

Until next time,

Sister Park




No comments:

Post a Comment