Monday, April 25, 2016

Hi Y'all!

Hi y'all! 

We had the best week! I feel like every week just keeps getting better! 

This weekend was one big Spirit-filled adventure! First of all Reagan was baptized!! Her baptism went so well! Her dad came down from Lewiston, ID to support her. She had two of her best friends give talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost, and another friend baptized her. 

After her baptism as they were closing the doors, Reagan was walking up to her friend Lindsey who was holding her towel and from outside the font we heard both of them cheering and Reagan was crying/laughing because she was just so happy! She was really embarrassed after the baptism when we told her we could hear her haha. 

We also had Elder Richards of the Seventy there at the baptism and he gave her some really good advice and bore a powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. 

We also had stake conference which is where a bunch of congregations in Pocatello get together and hear from church leaders. It was so awesome!! We also got a new stake presidency so that was exciting. 

We got to hear from the previous stake presidency and their wives and then the new stake presidency and their wives. We also had an area seventy there, Elder Driscoll, and then Elder Richards there of the Seventy who gave great talks as well. I didn't bring my notes with me today or else I would be able to share more of my insights, but really the most powerful part of the meeting for me was just the spirit I felt! I also went into the meeting with a question that I've been wondering about for a while and I was able to get an answer so that was pretty cool. 

I do remember one quote from conference that I loved!! Elder Richards said "Happiness is directly proportional to feeling the Spirit, which is directly proportional to knowing and understanding God's will and acting on it in faith." He explained that most people say that we feel the Spirit more in our lives when we are obedient, but how its not blind obedience that helps us feel the Spirit. We must KNOW and UNDERSTAND God's will and then follow His direction obediently. It is then that we feel the Spirit and are truly happy. It doesn't work like that if we don't understand why God's commandments are in place.

I can testify that being happy (and I mean truly, eternally happy) depends on how connected we are with God. When we know we are choosing the right and are experiencing things that God has planned for us, we will be content, and even joyous! 

I love you all so much and pray for you! Thank you for your support and love! Hope you have a great week! 

Until next time,
Sister Park
 
Pic 1: Elder Richards, Reagan's dad Jeff, Reagan, Sister Gilbert, Me! 
Pic 2: Reagan in her "gettup" (thats what she kept calling her jumpsuit) :)


 Paige's Dad went to elementary school here.

No comments:

Post a Comment