Monday, July 18, 2016

Bittersweet Week

Hello! 

So this was like the funnest, most entertaining, hilarious week on mission thus far. Haha trios are great but we probably didn't get as much done as we could have... We spent a little too much time making music videos and telling funny stories! But I love Sisters Reupena and Dominguez so much and I know we will be friends long after the mission is over! 

Sadly though, I am getting transferred so our time together is coming abruptly to a close. I am headed off to Montpelier with Sister Mizelle on Wednesday! I'm excited but also super sad to leave this area. I love Pocatello so much and working with the YSA has been such a great experience. 

So enough sad news, lets get to the good stuff! Rian was baptized on Saturday! It was so great! She was glowing the entire time and was so happy! She had two of her friends from high school speak and then we had an elder from our mission do a musical number. Rian had her uncle, who is the only other member of the church in her family, baptize her. 

Rian is such a great example to me. Her family was not supportive at all of her decision to get baptized. Her mom didn't even show up to the baptism and all her dad said to her when he walked in was that she looked like a marshmallow. Buuuut... Rian was super strong and kept a smile on her face and had a great day because of it! 

Well I hope you all have a great week! 

I love ya! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

P.S. 
Funny story from this week: We met a very interesting young man named Jeff who told us that he was a pagan witch and that he was really into magic and stuff. To get a mental picture of Jeff in your mind: picture a 20 year old kid with shoulder length brown hair and blond streaks, eyeliner, sparkly black nail polish and a black tank top. So meeting him was weird enough but then like 10 minutes later we walk by and he is dancing around with this white magic wand that he is levitating in the air (we're telling ourselves there was a string attached). It was so hilarious! But also kind of scary. Definitely the weirdest thing I've seen thus far on my mission. 









No comments:

Post a Comment