Monday, July 11, 2016

Forget Yourself


Hello! Hope y'all had a great week! 

Things here are going well! 

We have adopted another sister, Sister Reupena, into our companionship so now we are in a trio until next week.Sister Dominguez actually trained Sis. R and they are like best friends so they are having fun being together again. 

Everything is still on for Rian's baptism next week! She is doing great and will have her baptismal interview on Tuesday. 

Erika is doing great as well. We taught her about faith and repentance this week. She always has a lot of questions which is so awesome. 

So we got to speak in church yesterday and we got to pick our own topics. So I based my talk on one of my favorite bible scriptures: Matt 16:24-25.

24 ¶Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

I talked about how this scripture perfectly explains the biggest lesson I have learned thus far on my mission. I realized that my whole pre-mission life revolved around me. Growing up it was always about me doing well in school, me getting a good part in the ballet, me looking perfect in pictures, me, me, me. On my mission I have learned that as I give my life to Christ and forget myself in His work, I truly have found myself and I feel HAPPY!! I will be forever grateful for the wake-up call my mission has been.


Well I have to get going! I love you all! 

Until next time,

Sister Park




No comments:

Post a Comment