Monday, July 25, 2016

Change is Good!

Hello everybody! 

This week was crazy! Such a diverse range of emotions! 

It was really hard to say goodbye to Pocatello and all the amazing people I got to know and teach there. It was also super hard to say goodbye to Sister Dominguez. We became fast friends and it stunk that we only got one transfer together :(

But Montpelier and Sister Mizelle are both great! Sister M has been out for about 15 months and is so wise! She has already taught me so much and I literally have a page full of insightful things she has said in the past 5 days. She was sick last night so we had to stay home, but that gave us a great opportunity to get to know each other a little better! I think we will get along really well :)

Montpelier is so amazing! The people here are all so nice and super missionary minded! We are surprisingly super busy despite the high population of members in Montpelier.

We are teaching a lot of less active members which is really cool. I've done a little less active work in all my areas but never as much as we do here. 

We are teaching this awesome guy named Dave. He has been living completely outside of the gospel for about 40 years and just started coming back when the sisters found him last transfer. He is working on overcoming his addictions to smoking and coffee and is preparing to receive the Melchizedek priesthood. He went to church yesterday and in his new suit and he was so proud of it! He said everyone kept telling him he looked like a movie star. He texts us everyday and thanks us for all the help the sisters have given him and to tell us that he loves us. He is one of my favorite people I've met so far! He proves that you are never too old or too far gone to come back into the gospel fold! 

Well I love you all so much! Thank you for keeping the missionaries in your prayers! We feel it! 

Until next time,

Sister Park
 Sister Park,
Can I just take a minute and thank you for who you are. You just need to know that I am so proud of you for the example you set for all you come in contact with. I'm just so greatful for your desire to serve Heavenly Father and His children. Keep up the good work. Thanks for being a great leader.

Love you much,

President Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment