Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Miracles in Montpelier

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your summer and not getting too hot!

This week was AMAZING! 

I have learned so much from Sister Mizelle! She is such a great missionary and has a passion and fire for sharing the gospel even though she is getting so close to going home. She exemplifies what I want to be like my last two months! 

Montpelier is such a great area! I expected it to be kind of slow because its not that big of a town and there is a pretty high LDS population. But I was wrong! We have so much good work going on here! We have a baptism coming up in about 2 weeks with Aeriona, Felicia, and Jeannie which I am super excited for. Jeannie is the mom and Aeriona and Felicia are her two daughters that are in their 20s. Please keep Jeannie in your prayers! She has such a strong testimony and knows she needs to be baptized but she struggles with smoking and she had to completely quit yesterday if she wants to be baptized in 2 weeks. So she will need a lot of strength to keep it up this week! 

Also a miracle happened this week! So we teach this lady named Kim who has been taught by missionaries for like 2 years now and has never really kept commitments and has never really progressed very much. But we taught her a super powerful Restoration lesson this week (it wasn't because of us; it was all the Spirit's doing) and she felt it! We went back for our next lesson and she had read the pamphlet we gave her twice, read the first three chapters of the Book of Mormon, and announced that she wanted to get baptized! You can imagine our surprise! She said that she had been praying about baptism for the past 2 years and she finally got an answer. She is supposed to do it! So her date is set for September 3rd and we are so excited! If that's not cool enough, her husband, who has been less active in the church since he was a teenager is going to baptize her! They are so great and I love them so much! 

In other news, we had our mission leadership meeting on Friday and it was AWESOME!! I learned so much and I feel so motivated to go out and work hard! We had a great training by a couple of elders who talked about giving our all and "leaving it all out on the field". They based their training on this awesome Mormon Message with these sports kids talking about gaining spiritual strength and endurance and the elders related it to working hard and staying motivated on our missions. I felt like that was exactly what I needed to hear. I have been feeling slightly burn out the last couple weeks and now I just feel ready to go and teach the world! It was a great meeting! 

It was also really fun seeing some of my old companions and people from my MTC district. It was crazy because the meeting was on July 29th: the year anniversary of all of us arriving at the MTC. So crazy to think how much we have all changed and learned in this very short time span. 

I love teaching people about the gospel. Every time I teach a lesson I am able to learn something new and have my testimony strengthened. This quote by Thomas S. Monson is so true: “Regarding one’s testimony, remember, that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps he loses." Our testimonies grow as we share them! 

I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support! 

Until next time,

Sister Park

*One year ago, Sister Tenney and I met as brand new, scared little missionaries! 


                                                                                                      *Cutest puppies in the world! 
*We went raspberry picking today!

No comments:

Post a Comment