Monday, August 8, 2016

Blessed Art Thou, Sister Park

Hello family and friends! 

Things are pretty good here in Montpelier! 

Jeannie, Felicia, and Aeriona are doing great! We went over the baptismal interview questions with them yesterday and they are so ready to make this commitment. Their baptism will be on Saturday and we can't wait! We were talking briefly with one of the sisters in J, F, and A's ward who happens to be their neighbor and came to our lesson with them last night. She talked to us about how much J, F, and A have changed since they started meeting with missionaries. When she first met them, none of them were interested in the church, especially Jeannie and Aeriona. She remembers them telling her that they believed all religions were good and that they didn't need to join one specific church. And now look at them! They have become so converted to the gospel and they know how important this step is for them. 

Right now we are just trying to find more investigators! After A, F, and J's baptism, our teaching pool will shrink dramatically so we will be focusing a lot on finding new investigators this week.

We also got to go on exchanges this week which was super fun. I went to Soda Springs with Sister Jarvis and we were on bikes! It was so fun! It was hard to keep my skirt down and we did get rained on a little bit but it was still a lot of fun! 

We had our zone training meeting this week which was really good too. Sister Mizelle and I gave a training on having faith, trusting the Lord, and noticing the tender mercies that He sends. It was fun to see all of the sisters that we cover too! We cover 4 sets of sisters which is more than I've ever covered before so its kind of crazy with exchanges and stuff! 

The past couple weeks have been great (any weeks on a mission are) but I've been feeling a little bit inadequate and I've been missing Pocatello a lot too recently. A couple days ago during my studies in the morning, I came across a couple verses that brought me a lot of peace. They are found in Helaman chapter 10. Nephi is sort of feeling a little bit like I have been. He is yearning for the past (Hel. 7:7-9) and feeling sorrow for the people in his "area" (Hel. 7:6). He is pondering on these things and the Lord speaks to him and says: 

4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

I felt like these scriptures were meant for me! The Lord knows that I am trying to be my best and he has promised that blessings will come. 

I love the scriptures so much! They can answer prayers and questions, provide comfort, and be the anchor in this crazy world we live in!  

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week. 

Until next time,

Sister Park

*This is Soda Springs! Right after Zone Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment