Monday, August 29, 2016

Transfers, MLC, and Kim!

Hello everyone! 

So transfer calls came this week! Sister Mizelle and I get to stay together and I will be her last companion before she goes home. Our area is getting split this transfer though so we will just be covering Georgetown and Bennington, not Montpelier anymore. It was kind of sad because we had to say goodbye to everyone we were teaching in Montpelier this week. Even though we aren't going far we won't be able to teach half of our people anymore! But I am sure the new elders coming in will be awesome! 

We also had Mission Leadership Council again this week and it was SO GOOD! The spirit was so strong. I was so emotional that day just looking around at all of these other missionaries I have come to love so much. I got to see several of my previous companions (Sisters Tenney, Dominguez, Gilbert, and Bueno) and other missionaries that I've served around before. It is those meeting with other missionaries that gives me strength and helps me remember that Sister Mizelle and I are not alone in this work! 

Much was talked about during our meeting but the biggest message I received was about love. Several missionaries talked about the importance of love and compassion and selflessness and I felt the Spirit gently urging me to further develop these qualities. I've come a long way since the beginning of my mission but I still have so much more of myself that I can give to the Lord and to the people I serve. 

Kim is still on track for being baptized on Saturday! She has struggled to quit smoking but she hasn't smoked in about a week and a half! We are going to talk to her tonight about how she can keep it up for the rest of her life! 

Watching Kim make these changes has once again strengthened my testimony of the power of the Atonement of Christ. Whether we are repenting for large scale sins or the everyday mistakes we make, the Atonement works. It cleanses and sanctifies us as we utilize it. 

Well I love you all!

Until next time,

Sister Park

*We had to say some goodbyes this week to people in Montpelier that we teach so we took pictures with them! 
The first is Maura
Then Meadow, Sophie and Chloe
Annnddd Luke :)






No comments:

Post a Comment