Monday, October 31, 2016

Should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

Hey y'all! 
I hope you guys have had a great week and have a Happy Halloween today! 

We had a pretty good week! We had an awesome lesson with Bonnie last night. Sister Reupena and I decided to fast that Bonnie would receive answers to her prayers during our lesson, that she would feel the spirit, and that we would be conduits for the Lord to speak through us. Our lesson was so powerful! Brother and Sister Day (Bonnie's fellow-shippers) bore their testimonies to her and Brother Day's mom, who is a convert to the church, was able to be there and share some of her experiences. Bonnie felt something and she told us that in her study of the Book of Mormon this last week that she received some answers to prayers which is huge for her. We tried to set a baptismal date with her and she agreed to pray about the date. She is seriously so close!!

We also set a date with one of our other investigators this week, Rorie. Rorie is 10 years old and wants to be baptized so bad! A lot of her desire is probably stemming from trying to fit in with all her friends who have been baptized recently, so we will have to work a lot on helping her to understand the purpose of baptism and the commitment she will be making. Right now her date is set for November 16th but we will most likely have to move it back. 

We also had Mission Leadership Council this week and I learned so much!! It was focused a lot on improving our studies and preparing to teach people which was exactly what I needed. I didn't realize how much my studies have been lacking. We talked a lot about Ezekial 34:2 which says,

"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel,prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flocks?"

As shepherds, we are going to be in big trouble one day when we account to the Lord and tell him that we wasted time feeding ourselves when we were supposed to be feeding his starving sheep.  We talked a lot about how our studies should always be focused on those we are teaching, which is something I know of course, but I seem to have forgotten it recently. In our studies we should be seeking to feed others, not studying things for our own gain. So the past couple days I have tried to center my studies around those that we are teaching and it has made a huge difference!! I just keep learning and relearning the principle of selflessness on my mission, something I hope to carry with me for the rest of my life. 

Well, I hope you all have an awesome Halloween today and eat lots of candy! I love you! 

Until next time,

Sister Park








No comments:

Post a Comment