Tuesday, October 18, 2016

You have to taste the bitter to know the sweet!

Dear family and friends,

This has been a tough week. Its been a while since I've had one of these so its been a long time coming! 

It was hard to send Sister Mizelle home. I loved being her companion and its just hard to send a companion home. It makes you a little trunky! 

I got to spend 2 days in my old area (Pocatello YSA) which was awesome. I got to see a ton of people that I taught (Reagan, Erika, Nathan, Rian) and it was great! They are all doing so amazing and it was great to see them.

To be honest, it was hard to come back to Georgetown. As much as I love this area, it is a lot slower paced than YSA and a lot harder to find people to teach. We have a couple people who are moving forward but haven't been able to find a ton of other people who are prepared for the gospel. Its been a little discouraging but I am keeping my chin up! 

Even though things were not ideal this week, there are so many things to be grateful for. 

1. My new companion, Sister Reupena is amazing! She is so sweet and we are going to have so much fun together this transfer! 

2. The members here are so great and are willing to help us with anything we need.

3. I have an amazingly supportive family who loves me and prays for me.

4. I live in a beautiful and safe part of the world. 

5. I get to be a full time servant of my Heavenly Father and represent him here in Idaho.

6. I am a member of the restored church of Jesus Christ and I know that God loves me and answers prayers. 

The list could go on and on. President Nelson gave some amazing council about having joy in every circumstance in this last conference:

"Saints can be happy under every circumstance. We can feel joy even while having a bad day, a bad week, or even a bad year!

My dear brothers and sisters, the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives.

When the focus of our lives is on God’s plan of salvation, which President Thomas S. Monson just taught us, and Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening—or not happening—in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy. We feel it at Christmastime when we sing, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come.” And we can feel it all year round. For Latter-day Saints, Jesus Christ is joy!"

He also quotes a colleague of his who said, "I have learned to suffer with joy." 

I have had a relatively easy mission. I think its about time I learn to suffer with joy. 

I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers. I feel them!

Until next time,
Sister Park

P.S. In other news, it snowed last night! Like a lot! There's probably 4-5 inches on the ground! October 17th and it already looks like Christmas. 
P.S.S. Its Sister Reupena's birthday today so you should all bombard her with Happy Birthday emails! (amanda.reupena@myldsmail.net)



No comments:

Post a Comment