Monday, November 23, 2015

Another Great Week!

Hiya everybody! I hope you all had a great week. I sure did! 

There is so much good stuff going on here. We were able to have a ton of really great lessons this week.

So I've mentioned this before but we teach A TON of kids. Most of our investigators are kids or teenagers which is great, but it's also the worst. Great, because kids have so much faith and are usually very humble and teachable. The worst because getting parent permission for baptism is so hard! We have like 5 kids who are so ready to get baptized but their parents are not supportive. Its frustrating because the only reason they hold back is because they don't understand WHY we want them to get baptized. Baptism is not for us, its not for the church, its for the Lord and the person being baptized. Its a commitment that we must make to live with our Heavenly Father again. Its not just an earthly ordinance, it is an eternal one. 

We also started teaching this incredible family. C, the father of the family, is a less active member of the church. He's about 30 and was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year. He has about 5ish years to live. So, needless to say, he is sort of rethinking the direction his life is going. He really wants to come back to the church and I think his ultimate goal is to get sealed in the temple to his fiance, K, who is not a member of the church (yet). K is super open-minded about learning about the church and I definitely see some potential there. It might be a long process because Kate and Chuck have to get married, stop smoking, and actually come to church first but we have faith in them! 

They are seriously such good examples to me. They live in this tiny apartment with 4 kids, they barely have enough money for food/rent, and they have to deal with all of C's health issues too. Yet they are so grateful for the things they do have and they are still willing to give. We were over there on Saturday helping them clean out their apartment and sorting through toys that they want to donate to DI. This family barely has anything and they are still willing to give of what they do have to people who need it more. They are some of the most incredible, Christlike people I know. 

We had a really good lesson with them last Thursday and hopefully they can keep progressing! It will be an incredible thing to see that beautiful family sealed for eternity in the temple. 

In other news, Sister Bueno is great! She is a really good teacher and she's great with kids. She loves the gospel so much and its so evident in the way she lives her life. She is struggling a little bit with the missionary schedule and all the rules but I'm guessing that's pretty normal. I didn't really struggle much with that because I love schedules and rules. It makes sense that that would be hard for normal people haha :) 

Thanksgiving is this week and I've been thinking a lot about all of the incredible things I have to be thankful for. First of all, I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Not every missionary has such a strong support system back home and I am truly grateful for mine. Its going to be hard to be away from them this year but I know this is where I need to be. 

Second I am grateful for my mission. It has already shaped me into a better, more obedient, hard-working person, and I know I wouldn't be able to grow this much in any other way. I'm thankful for the experiences I have had and the sweet Idahoans I have come to love so much. 

Third I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel. I am a firm believer that any challenge or problem in this world can be solved using the principles of the gospel. Faith always trumps fear. My knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan for us keeps me going. I love my Savior so much and can't describe how appreciative of His atonement I am. 

I love all of you and I hope you remember all of the blessings you have this week. 

Until next time,

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment