Monday, November 16, 2015

Change is in the Air

This week was CRAZY! 

First of all thank you Chad, Christy, Annie and Aerin for my package! You did not have to do that for me! The heater is so awesome though. I sit by it every night when I write in my journal :)

So I basically spent the first half of the week taking Sister Latu around to say goodbye to some of the people we've been teaching and people who have helped her a lot while she's been out here. It was really cool to see how much of an impact she has had on the people here. They really love her. It was harder than I thought it would be to say goodbye to her. Its crazy how close you feel to someone after spending 24/7 with them for three months. Sister Latu headed to Iona for her last month in the mission field and her companion is a 39 year old lady who just joined the church like last year. I was like shocked when I heard how old she is! Shes only a couple years younger than my parents! 

Anyway I got my new compa on Wednesday and shes awesome! Her name is Sister Bueno and she is from the good ole Peach State! She is super outgoing and loves to talk. She is a great missionary already. She went through a lot of issues in high school with substance abuse and partying and stuff and she had to do a lot of repenting to get out here on a mission. Its so awesome because she is super open about her past and she has already helped a lot of our investigators struggling with similar things. I think a lot of people we teach see missionaries and think we are just stuck up, "holier than thou" people who have never had to go through anything hard. Sister Bueno will be an awesome resource to change that assumption. 

So I'm a trainer! Sister Bueno just got out of the MTC five days ago and doesn't know much about real missionary work in the mission field. It feels like I just got out of the MTC five days ago too! I feel really inadequate for this responsibility but I know that I can do this with the Lord's help. Its a lot of pressure though! I feel like if we don't have success its all my fault because I'm supposed to be leading the way. I think I just need to remember that all the Lord expects is for me to put my all into the work and do my best. 

Our baptismal date with B fell through :( I think she felt like we were moving too fast so hopefully she will still want to get baptized at some point, but not right now. 

Teaching with Sister Bueno is SOOO different than it was with Sister Latu. Sister Latu was a lot quieter and she let me kind of take control of the lesson. Even though Sister Bueno is new, she likes to take the initiative and share her experiences and testimony with everyone we meet. Its awesome! 

We had a couple really great lessons this week with some new investigators so I'm hoping we can keep working well together and helping our investigators come unto Christ. 

Well I love y'all! 

Until next time,

Sister Park









No comments:

Post a Comment