Monday, February 15, 2016

Awkward Date Night. . .

Hello!!

How are things out in the real world? Hope you all had a fantastic love day!

Our week was pretty good for the most part. We taught a lot of lessons and were pretty busy so that is always good. 

So...to start... funny story... Sister Brough and I went on a double date yesterday. A DOUBLE DATE!! It was one of the most uncomfortable moments I've had thus far on my mission. And I've had a lot of those so that's saying something! So we cover the young single adult branch here and (of course) it was the branch's night to feed us on Valentine's Day. So we show up to our dinner appointment and its two brothers in their early 20s. Their parents were there but they decided not to join us for dinner and they just sat in the other room!! (What the heck?) So we ate a very awkward meal that felt very much like an uncomfortable first date. So that will be a Valentines day to remember!

Unfortunately we got some bad news this week. Sister Brough's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and she is starting chemotherapy later this week. I can't believe how well Sister Brough is handling the news. She cried for like 20 minutes, wiped her tears, and got back to work. She is choosing to let this trial make her better, not bitter. If you all could keep the Brough family in your prayers that would be much appreciated!

The work here is going great! Kari is still really progressing and gaining a stronger testimony of the gospel everyday! She is awesome! 

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve here and to see the Atonement of Jesus Christ in action. Repentance is such a beautiful principle of the gospel. It brings hope and peace like nothing else and I would not have gained such a strong testimony of it without serving a mission and seeing the full effects of repentance in action. 

I love you all! 

Until next time,
Sister Park



 Hi Momma Park,

This is Sister Brough! Your daughter's companion who she beats every night! (at card games...)
Your daughter is incredible! She is by far one of the most amazing individuals I have had the privilege of serving with on my mission. 
She has helped me so much with various things. I don't know how much background she has given you about me but here is a little:
In March of 2015 on my mission I has struck as a pedestrian with my companion at the time. I suffered many injuries that should have taken my life. I have suffered some PTSD from this event and continue to struggle with it on occasion. This past week I also received news that my mom has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
So a lot has happened on my mission. But it has been bearable and made a lot easier because of your wonderful daughter. She's always there for me, and her light has helped me to stay positive. Y'all must be incredible parents because you have raised an incredible daughter with such a strong testimony!

Hopefully I'll get to meet y'all and your family someday!

Love,
Sister Brough


No comments:

Post a Comment