Monday, February 29, 2016

BEST DAY EVER!!!

Wow this week was awesome!! And kind of crazy!

We got to do more exchanges this week which was... interesting. The first exchange was with Sister Kimber. She is really sweet and we had a pretty good day together! Then I went on an exchange with Sister Bueno. It was really weird to be with a previous companion but Sister Brough and I both felt like that was where we needed to be. Sister Bueno has been struggling this transfer with her companion and kind of let it all out. So last night we were the mediators/therapists and we helped them resolve their issues :)

So then on Saturday we had the best day ever! K AND C GOT MARRIED! Their wedding was so awesome. The ward members really stepped up and all the decorations were donated. They didn't have to spend a penny on the wedding (besides K's dress). K looked beautiful and they were so happy. Kate wanted me and Sis Bueno to be part of the wedding party (as bridesmaids) so we got to walk down the aisle and stand up front as they got married. It was such a neat experience to see how happy they were.

After the ceremony we ate some food and celebrated for a little bit. BUT... not for long because C had to be ordained with the priesthood! Bishop ordained him to the office of a priest so that he could baptize his new wife! Shortly following this, K was baptized into the restored Church of Jesus Christ. It was a spiritually jam-packed day!! 

The whole day I couldn't help but think back to the first time I met their little family about 4 months ago. Both C and K were heavy smokers, big coffee drinkers, unmarried, no relationship with God, sad, stressed, and friendless. Something crucial was missing from their lives. They were both very hesitant to start meeting with us. It was only after we showed them how much we loved them and how much their Heavenly Father loves them that they even wanted to listen. 

Now the next step for them is to get sealed in the temple. I will be off my mission at that point and will hopefully be able to see that happen. 

I love that family SO MUCH. They have taught me what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is really all about and how He can change lives. I feel like K and C have taught me WAY more than I could have ever taught them.

So I forgot to mention our sweet girls that are getting baptized this week! I mentioned them in my email last week and this week is the big day! So and Sa are getting baptized on March 2nd because it is Sa's 13th birthday and she thought a baptism would be the perfect way to celebrate. I have so much love for these girls and can't wait for Wednesday!! 

So yeah. Pretty awesome day and awesome week. 

Love y'all. 

Until next time,

Sister Park



No comments:

Post a Comment