Monday, February 8, 2016

Choose Faith!

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a great week and enjoyed the Superbowl yesterday :)

We had a pretty good week! I don't know why but I was starting to feel a little homesick for my last area this week. I LOVED Eagle Rock stake so much. I had all these people I cared so much about and I felt like I had a family there. My first week in this area was awesome. The members were great and we got to meet all of the people the previous sisters were teaching. This week it slowed down a lot and I started to miss Eagle Rock. I know this is where I'm supposed to be though and Ammon is a really great area too. :)

Holy snow!! It snowed like another foot this week! WHEN WILL IT STOP?! It is pretty cold but I just feel so grateful that we have a car and we aren't walking around in the snow all the time.

So we are teaching this awesome lady named Kari. Kari loves the teachings of the gospel. She knows the things we've taught are true. She wants to get baptized so bad but she is on probation right now and still has to overcome a couple of addictions before that can happen. She is progressing so much though and she came to all three hours of church yesterday! We are going to see her tonight and I can't wait to see how she liked it. 

Sister Brough and I are still going strong! We have a lot of fun together but we also work really hard. 

I have a testimony of how the gospel changes lives. Having faith in Jesus Christ and in the scriptures brings a lasting peace and joy that couldn't come any other way. I am a much happier person when I choose faith over doubt. Its interesting because I thought I would be immune from having doubts and questions at this point in my mission but I'm not! None of us are ever really immune from that. We have to continue to choose faith throughout our lives. And when we do choose faith we are much happier! 

I love you guys! I love my Savior!

Until next time,

Sister Park




No comments:

Post a Comment